Windows SET command will remain only for the duration of the current CMD session.
If you want to keep your environmental variables until you remove them, follow these steps to set Windows environmental variables per user for all sessions. No administrator privileges are required.
- Use the Windows Start Menu to search for the setting "Edit environmental variables for your account".
DO NOT: "Edit the system environment variables." That requires an admin.
- Use the "New" button to add a new environmental variable for your user.
- Add your variable name and value.
- Press OK to close the window.
- Restart any open Command Prompt sessions.