After the DES mail to Office 365 migration, your old Outlook profile will no longer receive mail. It's possible it will even no longer work. Please follow these steps to remove your old Outlook profile and set up a new one for Office 365:
Instructions for Windows 10, Windows 7, and Microsoft Office 2013.
- Open the Control Panel.
Windows 10: The easiest way to open the Control Panel is to use the Start Menu to search for it.
Windows 7: Open the Start Menu, click on Control Panel.
- If not all items are showing, please change the view to either Small or Large icons.
- Open Mail.
- Click the Show Profiles... button.
- Select your DES mail profile. The default name is Outlook. It might have another name.
Click the Remove button.
- Next, add a new profile using the Add... button
- Name the new profile anything you want (e.g. 365, Office365, UCDavis, etc).
Click the OK button.
- Outlook should automatically configure your name and email address. Click the Next button.
- If you get a prompt asking you to allow this website to configure your email server settings? Click the Allow button.
Optional: check the box to never get asked again.
If you get another prompt, click the Allow button again.
- If you get a prompt for your credentials, enter in your Kerberos passphrase.
Optional: check the box to remember your credentials.
- Wait for the mail setup to complete. Click the Finish button.
- Close the Mail settings window by clicking the OK button.
- Open Outlook.
- Proceed as normal.