If you have an Office 365 account, but want to use your Gmail account instead, you would normally add the account in Gmail. This allows you to send and receive UC Davis emails with your personal Gmail.
Typically, you would follow the steps in KB566: Sending As Your Office 365 Account From Your Personal Gmail Account
However, Office 365 requires a little more work. Please follow these steps to connect your Office 365 account to your personal Gmail:
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Click the Gear at the top right corner and then choose Settings.
- Select the Accounts and Imports.
- Under Send Mail As, Click Add another email address.
- In the window that opens, input your full email address (MailID@ucdavis.edu).
- Uncheck Treat as an alias.
- Click Next Step.
- SMTP Server:
- Open a command prompt window
- Type in
- Use the server listed as your SMTP server.
- Port: 587.
- Username: Input your full email address (MailID@ucdavis.edu).
- Password: kerberos passphrase.
- Make sure that Secured connection using TLS is bubbled in.
- Click Add Account.