Follow these steps to add a network printer to your computer on Windows 10:
- Open the "Start Menu" and Go to "Settings"
- Click on "Devices"
- On the left list, click on "Printers & scanners"
- Click on "Add a printer or scanner"
- If the printer you want to add is listed, select it, and add it to your computer
- If the printer you want to add is not listed, scroll to the bottom of the list and click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
- Select the option, "Select a shared printer by name"
- Type in the print server and the printer name
Most of the time, it will be "\\wildwing.des.ucdavis.edu\printername"
- Click "Next" if necessary
- Wait for the printer drivers to install
- Click "Next" once prompted
- Optional: set this new printer as your default printer by checking the box
- Click the "Finish" button